Today has been a long day filled with cooking and cleaning, we have Jason's granny and Aunt coming for dinner, so in case the pulled pork doesn't turn out I also made a double batch of homemade chilli :) I have been craving chilli for some reason, maybe it's the fall weather, but it is such a great comfort food in my opinion!!! I am looking forward to a good night's sleep, the hubby leaves tomorrow after school for the hunt, hope he gets lucky on the first day and brings us home a big monster buck for the freezer!!! Then I can really get cooking!!!! I am going to the halloween party this saturday and am really looking forward to some me time and of course some beers, lol....What's a bday party without a few pints right!!!! Anyhoot, I'm off for now, and I will try and get those recipes posted later or tomorrow!! Have a good evening all.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
As I said earlier this week I am attempting my 10 new recipes, the first was the turkey kielbasa soup (gross). Last night I made a homestyle country meatloaf with ground turkey instead of beef, sooooo yummy. I will post the recipe later tonight if I have time. Today I made pulled pork in the crock (also new recipe) I hope its as yummy as it smells ( will post recipe if it is ). So far that makes 3 out of 10.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Hope everyone is doing well!!! I am completely wiped out myself, if only my daughter would sleep 1 whole night, ahhh now that would be heaven :)
Okay so here are some changes I have made to my 101 list, as well as things completed. I'll start with the tasks I have completed,
#37 Host a dinner party for 6
Saturday (Oct. 23) I hosted a fancy fondue party for 6 people plus myself. It was a success and a lot of fun too.
#71 Try 10 new recipes in 2 months
I started this today, I made a kielbasa & lentil soup, It was soooooo gross I am not even going to share the recipe, haha. So 1 down 9 to go. Tomorrow I will be a trying a turkey meatloaf recipe, Thursday crock-pot pulled pork sandwiches. I will keep you posted :)
Onto changes made to the list:
#2 Go vegetarian for 1 month has now been changed to Go vegetarian for 1 week
#96 Finish reading the TruBlood series and return to friend has been changed to finish the Harry Potter books. I really can' get into the TruBlood series, I got as far as the 3rd book and I am just not into them. So I will return them to my friend now.
For now that's it for changes and completed tasks. Hope to knock a few more off the list in the upcoming weeks. Hope everyone has a great night :)
Thursday, October 21, 2010
So I am going to a halloween party next weekend and want to dress up...However I don't own a costume, I was thinking of going as an 80's aerobics instructor or something from the 80's, this is where I need the help. I am looking to get stuff cheap or borrowed, does anyone have any ideas of where to shop or have anything I can borrow? Please let me know, I would like to get this together asap!!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Okay so I have to restart one of my tasks. I forget the number off the top of my head but it's the Wii Fit one. I had done it for 4 days straight then the weekend happened. I didn't sleep much friday night so I didn't do it saturday then sunday was a complete write off and I didn't even do it yesterday. So in order to complete the task of doing it for 1 month straight I have to start from day 1 again. I am hoping to start this again today, as long as Abby has a nap. I will keep you posted on my new progress once I begin the task again. Wish me luck.
I also need to modify another task, the one where I go vegetarian for a month. I will have to change it to a week, after a lot of research I realized that I will not be able to go a whole month without meat. It will be more expensive, and less variety. I figure 1 week is more than enough for this task.
Anyways, hope everyone has a great day!
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
I love these short weeks!!!! Especially when you have fun things in store for the weekend!!! I am really looking forward to the car rally, I didn't go in it last year but this year should be a great time!!! Grandpa Lonnie and Grand-maman Anne will be watching Abby all day and evening so Jason and I can both enjoy ourselves!!!
I have already accomplished quite a bit today, I did my Wii Fit for 30 minutes this morning, went for a walk with Abby, and my spaghetti sauce is simmering away on the stove!! But I must say I am tired now, lol.....I am hoping the little lady will go for a nap soon so I can relax for a bit!
Stacy and Jill, I saw your comments and if you are interested in borrowing books once I have read them feel free! I also have many others you may enjoy, I think I have about 250 books on my shelf so just let me know! Hope to see you ladies at the car rally on saturday!
Speaking of which, I cannot for the life of me come up with any ideas for the theme, True Colours I believe. So I guess we won't be dressing up or anything. Oh well, it will still be fun!
Anyhoot, I am going to log off for now, I may post again later and let you all know if my sauce turned out, I am not very good at making spaghetti sauce I never like the way it tastes, hope this one's better than the others! Have a fantastic day,
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Hope evryone enjoyed turkey day as much as I did!!! I got to have 2 turkey dinners, I think I might still be full!!!
Okay, onto my 101 list, first I will post the things I have completed and then I will post about 2 things that are in progress!!
#24 Alphabetize my movies DONE
I took me about an hour as I have almost 300 movies, yikes......
#28 Learn to shoot a gun DONE
Saturday up at the camp with Jason's family, I learned to successfully load, shoot and disarm a 22. Oh and I even hit the target!!!
Alright here are 2 things that are in full progress
#1 Read 10 new books
Here are the 10 books I have chosen to read, they are new as I bought them and they have just been collecting dust here, so what better time to read them:
My Booky Wook by Rusell Brand
Love Janis by Laura Joplin
Always a Bridesmaid by Whitney Lyles
The Petty Details of so and so's Life by Camilla Gibb
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Red, White and Drunk All Over by Natalie Maclean
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
Queenpin by Magan Abbott
Nevermind the Goldbergs by Matthue Roth
# 20 Use my Wii Fit for a whole month
Day 1 was today, I did 30 minutes!!!!
And so far that's it, I think I am making pretty good progress!!!
Friday, October 8, 2010
I am still not sure how to tag others in my blog but I'll try. Here are Stacy's questions, with my answers of course:
1. What is your favorite thing to cook?
- Anything in the crockpot, it is so easy and always turns out perfect :)
2. What is your favorite TV show and why?
- Roseanne, because it was the only show on tv that a normal family could relate to, it was as real as real can get for a sitcom.
3. If you had a $10,000 shopping spree to anywhere, where would you pick and why?
- Probably H&M in mtl, cause they have awesome stuff
4. What song are you likely to sing at karaoke in a bar?
-Um, none as I have major stage fright
5. If you could take any kind of class, what would you take and why...ie. Dance/Art/Photography?
- Dance, I have always wanted to.
6. What is one thing that you couldn't live without and why?
- My blankie, lol. It's my safety net
7. What is your favorite season and why?
-Fall, I love the brisk air, the leaves oh and it's my birthday :)
8. What is your favorite color and why?
- Black, cause it's slimming and it goes with everyhing
Okay, now it's my turn, I tag:
And here are my questions:
1. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
2. What is your favorite recipe?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to for a day what or who would it be, and why?
4. If you won 1 million dollars int he lottery how would you spend it?
5. What is your favorite book, and why?
6. If you could be granted 1 wish, what would it be and why?
7. Where is your favorite place to be and why?
8. What would be your ultimate date night with your significant other?
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Thursday, means the week is almost done!!!!!! I am quite looking forward to getting out of town on saturday for the night!!! Should be a great time with the whole Wiggin's clan!!!!!
Alright, so I see Lindsay tagged me in this question thingy on her blog, I am not sure how to tag people but here are the answer's to her questions:
1. If you were stuck on a desert island, what 4 items would you bring with you?
- Lots of non-parishable foods
2. What is your favorite thing to do when you have nothing to do?
3. What is your best asset?
- My ability to listen
4. What is your favorite restaurant and why?
- Lonestar, I love the food and the service is great
5. What do you prefer, fancy night out on the town or movie/chips at home?
- Both are nice at the appropriate time!!
6. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
7. What is the number 1 thing on your Christmas list this year?
- For Abigail to have a great first Xmas!!!
8. What is your favorite holiday (which holiday and why) activity?
- Duh, Christmas. And no specific activity, I love it all, the Christmas specials on t.v., the food, the family, the tree, everything about it makes me happy
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
#7 Create a blog and post in it for 1 week
Wow, it feels good to say I have now actually begun to check things off my 101 list!!! And I actually enjoyed creating and writing in my blog an I may just have to keep it up, however I may not be a daily blogger, we shall see!!! Anyways I am just happy to have been able to complete something off my list!!
Onto other things now, as I was saying earlier, my baby didn't sleep much last night, so I was up most of the night and decided to start reading those 10 new books I have to read from my list, lol.... So I have many many books on my shelf of which many are unread. So I decided to start Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, this book was first published in 1847. I'm off to a slow start in it, but I am confidant that it will turn out to be a great book, I mean it is considered to be an all time classic right? I will keep you posted!
Well, I think that's all for me folks, I may be back tomorrow! Good night :)
So I did not get to post last night as my internet was down. So I will be posting twice today to successfully check the blogging task off my list.
Yesterday was a pretty good day, I went and had lunch with my grandma and Abby, she made me creamed salmon on toast, yummy!!! We stayed for a few hours and had a great visit!!! When we got home, Jason was just getting in from work and going to have a nap before he had to go back to work, poor guy all he does these days is work, its no fun!!!! I strongly believe my kid is getting sick of me and misses her Dad. She gets so excited when he comes home :) Like last night when he got in at 1am from his second shift she woke up and never went back to sleep. Well for an hour here and there, needless to say, I am pooped today. She is napping now which means I am going to log off and have a sleep myself.
I will be back on this evening to post again about today's results of crabby Abby :)
Monday, October 4, 2010
I hate Monday's, I really really hate them. I fond them to be the longest day of the week. I had such a busy day yesterday cleaning the house that I didn't really have time to relax. But today my Lil baby surprised me and had a 3 hour nap, perfect time for mommy to catch up on some much needed Zs. I haven't been feeling the greatest this last week so I am completely wiped out. My hubby came home yesterday with a gift for me, he is sending me to the Brookestreet spa for a Mani/pedi/hot tub day!!!! I am SO looking forward to this!
So this weekend is Thanksgiving, I am very excited to have turkey, and lucky me I get to have it twice :) I will also get to check a few things off my list this week, as we speak I am attempting to quit smoking, wish me luck!! Also, on Saturday we are heading up to Jason's Aunt's camp with the fam damily, they are having a skeet shooting competition, so I will learn to shoot a gun as well!!! Oh and I will have posted in my blog for a whole week!!! So 3 things all at once, well definitely 2, I'm not sure how the quitting smoking will go.....
I also heard from my cousin today, the one who did our photos last week, she said the pics turned out amazing, so I cant wait to see them!!
Anyways, I think I am going to hit the sack and read for awhile, goodnight all,
Sunday, October 3, 2010
After 4 days of trying to finish it I am finally done :) I just want to say, it was definitely a challenge to complete this list. But I am so happy that I did and can't wait to start checking things off. I will be sure to keep everyone filled in on my progress and blog about each completed task as I complete them, FYI they are in no particular order. Thanks for all the support, enjoy :)
Mandy's 101 List:
1. Read 10 new books
2. Go vegetarian for 1 week
3. Go to Las Vegas
4. Sew an article of clothing
5. Go on a radom road trip
6. Take my parents out to dinner
7. Create a blog and post everyday for a week (to start)
8. Go see a film on opening day
9. Rent a cottage for a weekend with my husband and daughter
10. Take Abby on a trip to see Grandma in Chatham
11. Take a cooking class
12. Quit smoking
13. Lose 25 pounds
14. Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the Alphabet
15. Watch a 3D movie
16. Learn to play an instrument
17. Spend more quality time with my husband
18. Plant a tree for Abigail
19. Walk 30 minutes everyday for a week
20. Do my wii fit everyday for a whole month
21. Clean out storage closet
22. Organise our walk-in closet
23. Do more things as a family
24. Organise my movies alphabetically
25. Organise my books
26. Save for and purchase new tv and blu-ray
27. Go on a date every 2nd month (at least) with my husband
28. Learn to shoot a gun
29. Go partridge hunting with my husband
30. Take swimming classes with my daughter
31. Take a class (Yoga, Dance or maybe an art class)
32. Plan family vacation down east and actually go :)
33. Volunteer in a womans shelter
34. Donate to a charity
35. Make wedding and baby scrapbooks
36. Start writing again
37. Plan and host an elegant dinner party for 6
38. Cook a 4 course meal for my husband
39. Organise a girls night every other month
40. Participate in the walk for the cure
41. Get a higher position at work
42. Start looking into prefab homes and planning for our house
43. Become debt free (except for car payment as we just got it a year ago)
44. Get a membership at the library
45. Take my daughter to see her great grandma in Barry's Bay
46. Learn to make maple syrup with my husband's family
47. Learn to make christmas ragout and tourtiere with my Dad and Granny
48. Go to a hockey game with my husband
49. Try dog sledding
50. Go for a hike in the Gatineau park with my family
51. Take 10 minutes everyday for a month to clear my mind
52. Make pasta from scratch
53. Write my will
54. Obtain, fill out and submit forms to have my body donated to science when the time comes
55. Somehow help troubled teens
56. Not log onto facebook for a full week
57. Spend a day at the spa with my mom and pay for it
58. Grow an herb garden
59. Learn to make pickles
60. Host a poker night
61. Join a league ( besides baseball )
62. Grow my nails long
63. Buy a new wardrobe for work
64. Try canoeing
65. Make 3 new friends
66. Go horseback riding
67. Learn to crochet
68. Learn another language
69. Play bingo
70. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
71. Find 10 new recipes and try them out over the period of 2 months
72. Go to an arcade
73. Go to the casino and put 25$ on black
74. Go to the christmas craft sale
75. Get a puppy
76. Go see a play
77. Go see a musical
78. Do a random act of kindness for a stranger
79. Create a recipe book
80. Go without internet for a week
81. Have a spa day
82. Carve my name on a tree
83. Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day
84. Save $5 for every task I complete
85. See a drive-in movie
86. See 10 classic movies I've never seen
87. Leave an inspirational note inside a book for someone to find
88. Put 5$ into a savings account for my daughter for every uncompleted task
89. Have a game night with friends
90. Put up blinds in my daughter's room finally
91. Go to church with my grandmother and daughter on christmas eve
92. Spend a whole day watching movies in bed
93. Send a message in a bottle
94. Go on the haunted walk of Ottawa
95. Go to the war museum
96. Finish reading the Harry Potter books (I'm in the middle of #5)
97. Go skating on the canal with my husband and have beavertails and hot chocolate
98. Learn to drive a ski-doo
99. Go snow-shoeing (sp?)
100. Get a new hairstyle
101. Get a tattoo of my daughter's name
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Here I am yet again without a completed list :( I still have 14 things to think of and then it will be done. I expect to have it done late tonight/early tomorrow. And again the website is not running too well, so its difficult for me to add to it. My post will be very short tonight as I am not feeling the greatest, hope everyone is having a great weekend. Hopefully everything will run smooth with my list tonight and I can share it tomorrow. Goodnight :)
Friday, October 1, 2010
Here I go posting for 3 days straight, I'm pretty proud of myself!
As for my list on the other hand, I am not so proud, I am still 31 things short :( And the website is being wonky AGAIN. I will be going to my parents tomorrow and finish it there, they have a quicker connection than I do here. So You will have to wait just one more day before it's revealed!!!
So today was soooooooooooo long, Abigail was unbelievably cranky all day, she just cried and screamed, nothing made her happy. So needless to say I am once again exhausted. I hope tomorrow will be a better day.
Nicole, if u are reading, I am going to Aylmer tomorrow if u want to see Abigail :) Maybe I can come by for a visit!!
I think I will retire for the night as I am ready for sleep. Hopefully I will have more to say tomorrow!!!
Once again, Goodnight all